- Please read these competitions terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the promotional competition (the "Competition") conducted by Simba (Proprietary) Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PepsiCo Inc. situated at Clearwater Estate Office Park, corner Park and Atlas roads, Boksburg, 1459, South Africa with P.O. Box 99, Isando, 1600, Tel: 011 928 6000 ("Simba") and OK Foods ("Promoters") .
- If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of these Competition Terms contained herein, please do not enter the Competition. Instructions on how to enter this Competition and all prizes that form part of these Terms. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that the Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable in any form and in particular cannot be exchanged for cash. Entry implies acceptance of these Terms.
- The promotional competition is organized by the Promoters and is open to OK Foods stores (excluding OK Kaap Agri stores) in South Africa that stock Simba snack products including but not limited to Lay's 125 g, Simba 125 g, NikNaks 150 g Doritos 150 g, Fritos 120 g and NikNaks Strips 5 x 22 g ("Promotion SKU's") , except for new stores that have been opened for less than 12 month from the start of the Competition Duration ("Stores")
- The Competition will run from 23 January 2017 at 00:01 and will end on the 19 March 2017 at 00:00 ("Competition Duration").
- To qualify and stand a chance of winning the prize in the Competition, Stores must meet the following criteria:
- Stores need to achieve an overall minimum of 15% volume growth based on sales out data (based on Simba Qlik view data) in 2017 versus the same period in 2016 for all Promotion SKU's; and
- Stores need to show a 15% volume growth based on sales out data (based on Simba Qlik view data) on both Promotional SKU's Large Bags and NikNaks Strips 5 x 22 g; and
- Point of Sale needs to be implemented and must be kept up for the full duration of the promotional competition, and will be judged as per the following criteria:
- Large bags placement on FSU; and
- NikNaks Strips placement on FSU or till points; and
- Stores must submit photos of their POS displays and store names to firstname.lastname@example.org ; and
- Scorecard Rating to determine the performance of the Stores and the winner for this promotional competition will be as follows:
- Highest achievement of volume target on Large Bags - 20 points
- Highest achievement of volume target o NikNaks Strips - 20 points
- Gondola end - 15 points
- 2 x FSU - 15 points
- NikNaks placement on FSU or till points - 10 points
- Impact of display - 20 points
- The Promoters will use the OK Foods data base (based on Simba Qlik view data) as the source for determining the achievement of the volume targets on the Promotional SKU's. The best displays will be selected at the Promoters discretion.
- The total number of prizes that can be won nationwide under this promotional competition is 3 (three). All valid entrants stand a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- 1st prize (Grand Prize): Trip for 1 person to Prague, Vienna, Budapest and London, from 14 May 2017 to 31 May 2017 ("Travel Dates").
The Grand Prize trip includes flights on economy class on an airline of the Promoters choice, and accommodation (at the Best Western Majestic Plaza in Prague, Inner City Hotle in Vienna, Zara Hotel in Budapest and Radisson Blu Hotel in London), with round trip travel from Johannesburg to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. The Promoters will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner and/or partners may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize, whether foreseen or not.
- 2nd and 3rd prizes: Respectively win 1 (one) Simba the Lion Show at the winners relevant Ok franchise store (subject to Simba Marketing to Children Policy). The Simba the Lion show is only a 1 hour appearance by Simba the Lion and does not include any product or giveaways.
Winner of the Grand Prize must have a valid Passport with at least 5 (five) blank pages, and the winners passport must be valid for at least 6 (six) months after your return from your overseas trip (31 May 2017).
- The Promoters will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of the Grand Prize, whether foreseen or not.
- Winner will be announced within 3 days of the competition closing date., Entrants must have a valid passport (with at least 5 blank pages) that is valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months prior to the latest Travel Date (31 May 2017). The winning entrant must be able to travel during the Travel Dates in order to qualify to be declared the winner, failing which the Promoters shall draw the next best entry in the same manner as detailed above.
- Should the winner be unable to travel or use the Grand Prize on the Travel Dates determined by Promoters, alternatively should the winner not be granted a travel visa (for any reason whatsoever) to any of the countries to be visited as part of the Grand Prize, then the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize.
- Travel reservations are subject to availability and may not be available on certain dates, and accordingly the Travel Date may be varied and any or all amendments of travel dates will be at Promoters' discretion.
- Promoters shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the itinerary beyond its reasonable control. Promoters are not obliged to award any other prizes or elements of the Grand Prize, in lieu thereof, if the Travel or any part of the itinary is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable for a reason beyond the Promoters' control.
- The winner's name may be published on Promoters' internal websites, customer websites, and social media sites. Accordingly by participating in this promotional competition, all entrants are deemed to have read and understand the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook, twitter, Promoters' website, and of entrants mobile network service provider (where applicable) and entrants further give the Promoters permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Promoters' Social Media pages.
- The winner may be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and subject to the provision that the winner and partners may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by the Promoters to do so.
- The copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any promotional Competition footage, posts and photographs (whether depicting the winner or not) shall remain the property of the Promoters, who reserve the right to use it in any way.
- Any participant who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any way contrary to the spirit of this promotional competition may be banned from entry into this, or into any other of the Promoters' or PepsiCo promotional competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Promoters' management.
- Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend or alter the Promotional Competition and its rules or prizes (not already awarded, with any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no entrant shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Promoters. No participant shall have any recourse against Promoters as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons, will be declared invalid.
If the Promoters are unable to reach any entrant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason after attempting to contact the winner telephonically 3 (three) times during a period of 12 (twelve) hours, such entrant will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
- The Promoters are not liable for any defect in the Prizes. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, visa charges, personal and incidental expenses, travel insurance, insurance, government taxes or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the winner and his/her partners as well as all entrants.
- All entrants and the winner, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to PepsiCo Inc., its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes).
- All entrants and participants are advised that in compliance with the laws of the countries in which the Promoters operate, the Promoters are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of participants, entrants and winners for a period of 3 (three) years ("Personal Information"). Such Personal Information to be retained by the Promoters includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winners acknowledgement of prize receipts. Accordingly the Promoters will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the South African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("Consumer Act"). Should any entrant, participant and/or winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such entrant, participant and/or winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
- All queries in connection with this Promotional Competition should be directed to Rone Moss and contact number: 041 4511419 email: email@example.com responsible for managing the competition on Promoters' behalf and Simba Customer Care Line – 086 11 000 97.
- A copy of the competition rules is available to the entrants and can be downloaded in printable form from www.simba.co.za