- Please read these competition terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the promotional competition (the “Competition”) conducted by Simba (Proprietary) Limited, situated at Clearwater Estate Office Park, Corner Atlas and Park road, Boksburg, 1459, Tel: 011 928 6000 (“Simba”) and facilitated by Simba’s marketing agency Graphic Development (Pty) Ltd (collectively “Promoters”).
- If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of these Competition Terms contained herein, please do not enter the Competition. Instructions on how to enter this Competition and all prizes form part of these Terms. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that the Promoters decision is final and shall be made in the Promoters’ sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable in any form and in particular cannot be exchanged for cash. Entry implies acceptance of these Terms.
- The Competition is organized by the Promoters, and is open to all citizens and legal residents of South Africa (provided that entrant is also a legal resident in South Africa at the time of winning and receiving any Prize herein), and whom at the time of entering the Competition are over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (note: in the case of residents, and necessary residency permission and sufficient proof of identification). Persons that are excluded from entering the promotional competition is any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant (“Associates”) of the Promoters and/or PepsiCo, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, is employed by or is controlled by Promoters, and/or immediate family members of Associates, who are indirectly or directly connected to or employed by any party in the aforementioned capacities or relationships, their advertising agencies, manufacturers, distributors or bottlers of beverages/products identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to PepsiCo Inc. and its affiliates (“Disqualified Persons”).
- The Competition will run from 14th August 2017 at 00:01 and will end on the 30th September 2017 at 00:00 (“Competition Duration” or “Promotional Period”).
- ENTRY MECHANIC AND ENTERING THE COMPETITION
- ENTRY MECHANIC: To stand a chance of winning 1 (one) of the Grand Prizes or Weekly Prizes in the Competition.
- Entrants must purchase 2 x Lay’s 125 g chips product and keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
- Entrants must dial *120* 8937# and follow the prompts (which includes entering the last 4 digits of your till slip number, which can be found on the till slip with Participating Products) to qualify for an entry into the Promotional Competition, provided that the entrant purchases the Participating Product each and every time they enter the Promotional Competition. Remember to retain/keep your till slip showing proof of purchase during the Promotional Period.
- Entry costs 20c/20seconds.
- Shoppers will be notified immediately after submitting the prompts if they have won or not. If they have won, they will be given a contact number to call to claim their prize.
- Free minutes and SMS bundles do not apply. Entrants will be required to keep their till slip confirming the purchase of the Participating Products each and every time during the Promotional Period, for each entry, and Entrants must retain their till slips for each entry. For purposes of awarding any prize under this promotional competition, the owner of the mobile number used to enter the promotional competition will be deemed to be the winner of the prize, irrespective of who purchased or entered the promotional competition. The winner of any prize will be contacted via the mobile number used to enter the promotional competition and Promoters will conduct a verification process before awarding the prize.
- There are a total of 107 (one hundred and seven) prizes to be won in this competition with a combined worth of R300,000 (three hundred thousand rand) and participants stand a chance to win 1(one) of the 107 (one hundred and seven) prizes, listed below:
- 100 (one hundred) Pick n Pay grocery vouchers valued at R2000 (two thousand rand) each.
- Grand Prize
- 7 (seven) Prize travel packages to Thailand to be won (Dates of Travel: 1st February 2018 – 30 April 2018) to the value of R63 480 (sixty three thousand four hundred and forty rand) each.
- Each Grand Prize consists of the following:
- Return flights for winner and his/her partner on economy class on a flight route and airline of the Promoters choice, from a city in South Africa (where the winner resides) to Thailand on an itinerary of the Promoters choice. Winner is responsible for transport arrangements to and from his/her’s residence to the nearest airport, to the winners residence, in South Africa; and
- 7 (seven) nights’ hotel accommodation whereby the pair (winner and friends) will share a standard hotel room in a 3 (three) star hotel of the Promoters choice; and
- The hotel room will in all likelihood be furnished with a double bed (note that the promoters cannot guarantee the option or possibility of a twin room); and
- Airport transfers in Thailand to and from the airport to the hotel, and the cost for 3 (three) meals a day at the promoters discretion, and basic travel insurance.
- Notification of winning a prize will be as follows: the winners will be notified instantaneously via the USSD link after they have entered the competition, confirming the winning of a Prize, subject to verification by Promoters before Prize is awarded.Promoters will conduct Prize draws throughout the duration of the campaign for both the Voucher Prizes and Grand Prizes, and potential winners will be contacted within 5 (five) working days from the day that they are notified via USSD of their winning entry, using the mobile number used to enter the competition, and entrants will be requested to provide the relevant documentation for audit verification purposes in compliance with these Terms and Conditions in order to be declared a final winner and claim the relevant Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoters will conduct 7 (seven) random draws, throughout the Promotional Period, from the total list of valid entries received as at the draw date, to determine the possible Grand Prize winners
- The Promoters will contact the possible winners on the mobile number used to submit the winning entry into the Promotional Competition and will conduct an audit verification process of the selected winning entry (which includes but is not limited to Participants providing their proof of purchase of Participating Products; which is a Till Slip or such alternative proof of purchase as may be acceptable to the Promoters at the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion, together with a copy of Participants Identity Document and Proof of Residency, and copy of passport of the possible winner and partner that is valid for at least 6 months after 1 May 2018, in other words, valid at least until 1 November 2018 and which passports must have at least 4 (four) blank pages), in order for a possible winner’s particular entry to be confirmed as valid. Winners and partners must be over the age of 18 years and be able to confirm that the winner can travel within any of the dates of the Grand Prize stipulated above. Once the verification process is completed successfully, possible winners/participants will be declared as winners and notified as such on the mobile number used to submit the selected entry into the Promotional Competition, at the end of the Competition Duration. Once winners are declared as such, they will be notified by Promoters how and when to collect the Grand Prize and will then need to do anything necessary as directed by the Promoters in order to utilise the Grand Prize.
- Should winners and/or their chosen partners of the Grand Prize be unable for any reason whatsoever to supply the Promoter with all the necessary documents needed for a travel visa application or in compliance with any other requirement contained in these Terms and Conditions, or any requirements to enable the winner and partner to redeem any prize under this promotional competition, within 5 (five) days of a request from the Promoter, then the winner will be automatically deemed to have forfeited the relevant prize and no replacement prize will be awarded. Please note that no cash will be transferred to winners for any reason whatsoever if winner cannot use the full Prize.
- The Promoters will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner and/or partner(s) may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of any Prize and/or Grand Prize, whether foreseen or not.
- For the Grand Prize, entrants whose entries have been drawn and have been confirmed as valid after the verification process, must be able to travel with their chosen partner during the Dates of Travel listed in clause 8 above, in order to qualify to be declared a winner, failing which the Promoters shall randomly draw another entry in a similar manner as the first. For the avoidance of doubt, should an entrant whose entry has been drawn, and/or the entrant’s partner, at any time be refused a visa to travel to the country hosting the game for any reason whatsoever, such entrant will be deemed not to have qualified for the Prize and as such will forfeit the Grand Prize awarded.
- Should the winner and/or partner(s) not have a valid passport with 4 blank pages, or be refused a travel Visa for any reason whatsoever, or be unable to travel for any reason whatsoever or use the Grand Prize on the Travel Date(s) determined by Promoters, or for any reason whatsoever not be able to comply with any of the Promoters reasonable requests in line with these Terms and Conditions then likewise the winner will be deemed to have forfeited any prize.
- Travel and hotel reservations are subject to availability and may not be available on certain dates, and accordingly Travel Date(s) may be varied and any or all amendments of travel dates will be at Promoters discretion.
- Promoters shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the Travel package/itinerary/games beyond its reasonable control. Promoters are not obliged to award any other prizes or elements of the Grand Prize, in lieu if any such event is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable for a reason beyond the Promoters control.
- All the winners’ and/or their partners names and pictures may be published on Promoters and Pick n Pay social media sites, and accordingly by participating in this Competition, all entrants are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook, twitter, Promoters website, and of entrants mobile network service provider and entrants further allow the Promoters permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Promoters Social Media pages.
- The winner and/or partners (where applicable) may be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and subject to the provision that the winner and/or partners (where applicable) may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by the Promoters to do so.
- The copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any competition footage, posts and photographs (whether depicting the winner and partner or not) shall remain the property of the Promoters, who reserves the right to use it in any way.
- Any participant or partner of a winner, who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any way contrary to the spirit of this Competition may be banned from entry into this, or into any other Promoters or PepsiCo promotional competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Promoters management. Further, any participant or partner who acts in manner that brings the Promoters name or brand into disrepute will forfeit the respective prize at the Promoters sole discretion.
- Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend or alter the Competition and its rules or prizes (not already awarded, to any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no entrant shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Promoters. No participant shall have any recourse against Promoters as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
- Entries which are unclear, illegible, or which are contrary to the spirit of the promotional competition, or that are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or which are from Disqualified Persons, will be declared invalid. If the Promoters are unable to reach any entrant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry, for whatsoever reason, such entrant will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
- The Promoters are not liable for any defect in the Prizes. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the winners, their partners and/or entrants.
- All entrants and the winners as well as their partners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to PepsiCo Inc., its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes).
- All entrants and participants are advised that in compliance with the laws of the countries in which the Promoters operate, the Promoters are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of participants, entrants and winners as well as their partners for a period of 3 (three) years (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information to be retained by the Promoters includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winners acknowledgement of prize receipts. Accordingly the Promoters will require the winners and their partners (where applicable) to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the South African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Act”). Should any entrant, participant and/or winner and/or their partner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such entrant, participant and/or winner and/or their partner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize(s) and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
- All queries in connection with this promotional competition should be directed to the Promoters appointed agency, Graphic Developments, on 064 771 0306
- A copy of the competition rules is available and can be downloaded at no charge in printable form from www.simba.co.za