1. Please read these competition terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the promotional competition (the “Competition”) conducted by Simba (Proprietary) Limited and Sodexo, situated at Clearwater Estate Office Park, Corner Atlas and Park road, Boksburg, 1459, Tel: 011 928 6000 (“Simba”) and facilitated by Simba’s marketing agency Stir-Fry Marketing (collectively “Promoters”).
2. If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of these Competition Terms contained herein, please do not enter the Competition. Instructions on how to enter this Competition and all prizes form part of these Terms. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that the Promoters decision is final and shall be made in the Promoters’ sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable in any form and in particular cannot be exchanged for cash. Entry implies acceptance of these Terms.
3. The Competition is organized by the Promoters, and is open to all citizens and legal residents of South Africa (provided that entrant is also a legal resident in South Africa at the time of winning and receiving any Prize herein), and whom at the time of entering the Competition are over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (note: in the case of residents, and necessary residency permission and sufficient proof of identification). Persons that are excluded from entering the promotional competition is any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant (“Associates”) of the Promoters and/or PepsiCo, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, is employed by or is controlled by Promoters, and/or immediate family members of Associates, who are indirectly or directly connected to or employed by any party in the aforementioned capacities or relationships, their advertising agencies, manufacturers, distributors or bottlers of beverages/products identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to PepsiCo Inc. and its affiliates (“Disqualified Persons”).
4. The Competition will run from 15 November 2017 at 00:01 and will end on 15 December 2017 at 00:00 (“Competition Duration” or “Promotional Period”).
ENTRY MECHANIC AND ENTERING THE COMPETITION
5. ENTRY MECHANIC: To stand a chance of winning 1 (one) of the Prizes in the Competition.
- Entrants must purchase any 2 x participating brands across the Simba brand range, namely: Simba 36 g (All variants), Lay’s 36 g (All variants), NikNaks 55 g (All variants), Fritos 65 g (All variants) and Ghost Pops 30 g (All variants), Fritos 65 g (“Participating Products”) from any participating Sodexo canteen in South Africa
- Entrants must fill out the entry form and drop in the entry box
- The draw will be done at the end of the campaign, and winners will be contacted telephonically after which their prize will be couriered to the address provided on the entry form and verified by the winner.
6. Entrants will be required to keep their till slip confirming the purchase of the Participating Products each and every time during the Promotional Period, for each entry, and Entrants must retain their till slips for each entry. The winner of any prize will be contacted via the mobile number used to enter the promotional competition and Promoters will conduct a verification process before awarding the prize.
7. There are a total of 87 (eighty seven) prizes to be won: 3 (three) prizes to be won in this competition per Sodexo Canteen (there are 29 canteens in total nationwide) and participants stand a chance to win 1(one) of the 3 (three) prizes selected by the Promoter, listed below:
- 1 (one) of 29 Outback BBQ & Coolers valued at R749.99 (Seven hundred and forty nine rand and ninety nine cents only)
- 1 (one) of 29 Capri Cooler Chairs valued at R579.99 (Five hundred and seventy nine rand and ninety nine cents only)
- 1 (one) of 29 Trekker BBQ Sets valued at R589.99 (Five hundred and eighty nine rand and ninety nine cents only)
8. Notification to winners will be as follows: the winners will be notified telephonically, confirming the winning of a Prize, subject to verification by Promoters before the Prize is awarded.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoters will conduct 60 (sixty) random draws, at the end of the Promotional Period, from the total list of valid entries received as at the draw date, to determine the possible Prize winners and the prize won.10. The Promoters will contact the possible winners on the mobile number used to submit the winning entry into the Promotional Competition and will conduct an audit verification process of the selected winning entry (which includes but is not limited to Participants providing their proof of purchase of Participating Products; which is a Till Slip or such alternative proof of purchase as may be acceptable to the Promoters at the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion, together with a copy of Participants Identity Document.
11. Once the verification process is completed successfully, possible winners/participants will be declared as winners and notified as such on the mobile number used to submit the selected entry into the Promotional Competition, at the end of the Competition Duration. Once winners are declared as such, they will be notified by Promoters how and when the Prize will be sent to them.
12. The Promoters will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner and/or companions may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of any Prize, whether foreseen or not.
13. For the Prize, entrants whose entries have been drawn and have been confirmed as valid after the verification process, must be eligible to claim the prize, in order to qualify to be declared a winner, failing which the Promoters shall randomly draw another entry in a similar manner as the first.
14. Should the winner be unable to use the Prize for any reason whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever not be able to comply with any of the Promoters reasonable requests in line with these Terms and Conditions then likewise the winner will be deemed to have forfeited any prize.
15. Promoters shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the prize beyond its reasonable control. Promoters are not obliged to award any other prizes or elements of the Prize, in lieu if any such event is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable for a reason beyond the Promoters control.
16. All the winners’ names and pictures may be published on Promoters and/or Sodexo Canteen social media sites, and accordingly by participating in this Competition, all entrants are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook, Twitter, and/or Promoters website, and entrants further allow the Promoters permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Promoters Social Media pages.
17. The winner (where applicable) may be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and subject to the provision that the winner (where applicable) may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by the Promoters to do so.
18. The copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any competition footage, posts and photographs (whether depicting the winner and partner or not) shall remain the property of the Promoters, who reserve the right to use it in any way.
19. Any participant, who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any way contrary to the spirit of this Competition, may be banned from entry into this, or into any other Promoters or PepsiCo promotional competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Promoters management. Further, any participant or partner who acts in manner that brings the Promoters name or brand into disrepute will forfeit the respective prize at the Promoters sole discretion.
20. Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend or alter the Competition and its rules or prizes (not already awarded, to any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no entrant shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Promoters. No participant shall have any recourse against Promoters as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
21. Entries which are unclear, illegible, or which are contrary to the spirit of the promotional competition, or that are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or which are from Disqualified Persons, will be declared invalid. If the Promoters are unable to reach any entrant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry, for whatsoever reason, such entrant will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
22. The Promoters are not liable for any defect in the Prizes. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the winners, their companions and/or entrants.
23. All entrants and the winners as well as their companions, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to PepsiCo Inc., its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes).
24. All entrants and participants are advised that in compliance with the laws of the countries in which the Promoters operate, the Promoters are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of participants, entrants and winners as well as their companions for a period of 3 (three) years (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information to be retained by the Promoters includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winners acknowledgement of prize receipts. Accordingly the Promoters will require the winners and their companions (where applicable) to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the South African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Act”). Should any entrant, participant and/or winner and/or their partner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such entrant, participant and/or winner and/or their partner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize(s) and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
25. All queries in connection with this promotional competition should be directed to the Promoters appointed agency, Stir-Fry Marketing - Venessa Esterhuizen (082 805 7206) & Brett Esterhuizen (082 372 3186). Contact only Monday to Friday between 09h00 - 17h00.
26. A copy of the competition rules is available and can be downloaded at no charge in printable form from www.simba.co.za